I have being keeping busy messing with the megasquirt, there is a lot to learn but once you get your head around the 100 odd settings is the finest, I never realised how many types of fuel table setup there is, I assumed only one. I am going to use alpha-N for initial setup but once I have the engine running nice I will switch to an “ITB” setup
I am not 100% sure what the difference is, but it got to do with how the fuel table is calculated.
I have found a few rusty spots, nothing serious just a few small jobs needing sorting, I found some rot in the chassis where the rear seat belt plate is welded on, the opposite site is perfect. The usual area in the front foot wells on both sides. I think it those square box type plates at the front down under the door hinges, they look like jacking points hold water and rot the floor.
It won’t be going back in.
The rear lhs seat belt anchor point.
This lad will drive the megasquirt , it simulates the engine sensors, throttle, temp, map, O2 and a few others like the crank sensor and cam pending on which dip switches are selected. It’s an ideal learning tool.
I got all my parts back from plating yesterday, Very happy with how they came out. I will let the pictures do the talking, I did grit blast all the parts before sending them on, On previous experience, the cleaning process will not remove paint or under seal or tar like stuff.
I have the both foot wells sorted, the LHS was handy enough, I think this is my last rust repair , (might regret that yet) there was a hold behind the exhaust bracket. There was a few light surface rust bit here and there, |I wire brushed them down to bare metal, treated them with “Crust” it’s a hammerite rust converter and primed them up.
The crap metal behind the exhaust hanger.
I put the calipers together, very shiny.
Next I am going to remove some of the brackets in the engine bay I wont be using, Put the sun roof back together and prep for paint.
I got the manifold’s back from welding. They twisted a bit with the heath but I had a few mm’s of material allowed for skimming.
Very happy with the result.
Has anyone a RHS sun roof slide, the plastic part with the long cable attached for winding the roof open/closed.
Did a wee bit of sanding and painting, I have the underneath all Schultz up. I don’t have a picture, I pressure washed first and it came up really well. I guess the oil leaking from the engine preserved it well.
Engine bay primed.
Fresh coat of paint. Its a tricky job painting all the nooks and crannies without messing up the paint.
I will have to be careful now bolting bits back on.