Oil lines going though front cowl to oil cooler mounted in front of radiator.
Getting close to finishing up the coolant system. Since the air box will take up all of the space where the rev. usually resides, I relocated it to the pass side towards the front. Steven made this quite nice bracket to hold it in place.
Work on putting the fuel cell together. The bladder sitting onside an Aluminium can.
The ATL “black box” . A box with trap doors with high pressure pump in the center so you don’t get fuel starvation issues.
Close up of the inside of the black box.
The foam baffling to help with fuel surge and holds the black box/surge tank in place. Black box inside the bladder.
Install the fill plate after modifying it for the electric pump and addition fuel line’s.
Building some “AN lines” for the fuel system.
Knocked out another project today, got the rest of the Diff system done. Made some brackets to hang the diff pump and diff cooler assembly. Mounted those parts and made up the lines to plumb it. wired it and done.
Diff pump and bracket.
Diff cooler and fan assembly.
Diff pump mounted in place.
Cooler and fan assembly.
View of system for underneath.
Making the feed and return lines.
System plumbed up.
Lines in and out of the fuel pressure regulator.
Lines down the car.
Been busy knocking out the tedious stuff. mounted the brake bias knob and fire pull into the switch panel.
Work on the fire system.
Mounted nozzle in engine compartment.
Pulled the dash back out and mounted the final fire nozzle aimed at the driver. Also planned out the final bit of wiring that needs to be done and mounting of brake bias and other cables so when the dash goes back in that will be the last time hopefully. Then we can install the front windshield.
Speaking of windshields, finally after wrestling with lexan for months and months Ive actually made headway and even gotten the rear one installed.
Turned out to be a lot more difficult than I planned. Cutting them to shape and size was easy but installing them with out the curves proved to be impossible. We tried heating them with heat guns to get the curve in the lexan but the piece is just to big for that to retrain enough heat to shape it with out getting concentrated and bubling the lexan. Eventually I had to take it somewhere with an oven big enough to form the piece. I found a place In Decatur near where I live that would accommodate me. They used the old glass windshield as a mold and laid my lexan in it in the oven and BAM we got light weight windshields front and rear ( the sides I can do alone ).
Breather installed, breather catch can, made the breather hose and had the valve cover modified to fit an AN fitting on it. Also note the engine harness taking shape and getting installed. Bulkhead connectors installed to the left of the headers.
More slow tedious work. Finally got most of the engine harness and electronics’ mounted and installed. Had a mil spec engine harness built from scratch. Today we got the chassis harness integrated with the engine electronics. A huge, huge step forward, getting me that much closer to firing it up. Was able to turn on the engine fan and run the fuel pump. We used Mil spec Bulk head connector’s everywhere to keep the cabin sealed and to make parts of the harness easily detachable for servicing.
Starting to mount the engine electronics’ on a plate, relays and fuses on the top left, ECU on the top right which the two ignition ignitiors. Right now looking like one hot mess.
Made up a plate to mount it all on and giving it some paint.
Remounting the components.
Sorting out the lay out of the harness, notice the holes drilled in the firewall for the bulkhead connectors.
Installed bulkhead for some the electronics on the driver side, and the battery power line to the starter and alt.