With the roll cage in the way we decided to relocate the panel a few inches back. The bars were too big of an obstacle to put the panel in the original location, more importantly it would have covered up the access to the top bolts on the rear shock’s.
Quick shot of the interior going back together.
So I’ve been wresting with what to do about an airbox, the stock S38B36 airbox is great for the street. It has a vario length runner deal that helps boost low end torque but comps high end power acts like a muffler Im told.
Its also kinda heavy, since this is a full race car and really wont see lower RPM, the low end power loss doesn’t bother me. I looked into modding the stock piece, looked into modding an early airbox, looked into getting a box made of aluminium, and several other options, but finally decided to get a custom carbon box made !
Here is a sneek peak of what’s to come, the mould is taking shape, and getting test fit in to the car.
Continued on putting the interior together, covered the floor pan in grip tape. Next step will be figuring out how I want to fasten the subfloor to the floor.
Close up of the Details on the door hinges.
Made some more progress this week on various things, got more of the interior put together, installed the seat and the nets.
Getting started on putting the cooling system together using e28 M5 cooling parts and going to have to build custom hose’s. The E34 had the very large, heavy set coolant pipes on the front of the engine and the E28 style stuff just seamed like it would easier to make work in my application.
Close up of cooling system and custom alt. pulley, over sized to slow down the alt and supposedly more HP!
I’ve got Dustin Griggs building a true race spec Chassis harness using Mil spec connector, full Reychem shrink wrap , light weight, etc, etc , truly a work of art.
One of the bulkhead connectors getting wired.
Gauges wired with warning lights.
Switch panel with circuit breakers.
View of what’s going on inside the panel.
Another Big step completed. Dustin (Annex Garage) finished the chassis Harness and we installed it in the car today. We were able for the 1st time in years power a few things up, even Kicked the Starter over! We got Brake lts working, diff pumps and Fan, gauges and warning lts operational, and the kill switch do what they are suppose to. Battery cables made and installed.
Modern style harness ready to be installed.
Had to make some holes and put some grommet’s to lay the harness out though the car.
Bulkhead connector to the trunk.
Some more picture of the Chassis harness install.
Mounted the Kill switch solenoid and circuit breaker. I prefer this style of kill switch as to just the typical mechanical switch that most use, this is more of a professional style deal and has toggle switch’s that operate this large solenoid that cuts power.
Battery location, next to the solenoid , and a view of the harness layout.
View of harness into the switch panel.
The dash actually powered up after the chassis harness install.
The oil lines are done once and for all and we started laying out the fuel lines.
Close up modified fuel rail to take AN lines.
Fuel pressure reg. mounted.
Tail lights installed with center trim piece.
Oil lines totally finished now, seen going into remote filter, also note oil gauge pressure switch.