Andy has finished painting everything and started putting things back together.
Picked up some more pieces from the powder coater.
The motor mount before getting powder coated.
And the finished pieces, I think they turned out fantastic.
Also got the bell housing cleaned up
Not much progress this week on the CSL , mostly making plans for final assembly etc.. got up to the body shop today, we cleaned the car up and pushed it out side to see how the sun hit it!
Dave Plumlee putting the decals on for the finishing touches on the exterior.
We placed some trim pieces on the car and put on the other wheels to get a feel for what its going to look like.
Installed the diff I built years ago, finished up some tidbits on the engine and reinstalled it. Installed the clutch, flywheel and transmission. Also installed the exhaust. Before reinstalling the drivetrain I lined the firewall and area’s near the exhaust with heat resistant liner. Hated to cover up some of the green sheet metal, but had to do what I can to keep heat out of the cockpit.
Wrestling the engine back in, hopefully permanently.
Aluminium flywheel and race clutch.
Trans and exhaust installed.
Some motor mount and header bling.
A detailed front suspension.
The big project this weekend was to reseal the “Bulkhead ” or put a “firewall in between the trunk and the interior of the car. Basically replace the panel I cut out a year ago to aid in the roll cage fab.