Result of a tyre wall clip…
Few small repairs after the JustJap day and got some spare 15″ alloys and sprayed them up;
Next up was the superdrift cup at the weekend.
Loaded up and hit the road Saturday morning.
First time at the track so could have done with a bit more practice time, 6 runs in total and track was very wet so I was pretty worried I wouldn’t qualify for top 32.
Got 17th out of 32 so was happy enough.
Into top 32 battles, I was chasing, into first corner pulled the handbrake and it just about pulled the rear brakes, onto to the next corner, pulled the handbrake and touched the brakes, nothing, all fluid pumped out and car went straight, so run was fucked.
I pulled up to the start line and checked the brakes again and had nothing.
Stupidly I said I’d go for it and tried to complete a run, but without handbrake or brakes in the wet it was pointless.
I should have taken the 5 minute rule and tried to do something, but sure I’ll know for again.
Good days craic though.
Not a whole lot of changes to the car since I last updated it the last time.
Went to Mondello, drifted for a while, had a few little crashes , repaired it and drifted it again
Had a local drift day in Longford back in October, just a big yard, was a right bit of craic. Poor car got a bit dirty.
Had a bit of rub off one of the lads;
Went to the Just Jap day at the end of November. Shouldn’t have went as my brakes weren’t working and hand brake was gone, should have stayed at home. Anyway, I went, drifted one lap, crashed on the second, came in fixed it, went out again and had a bad enough crash then into a grass bank. needless to say the car looked rough on the way home;
Anyway nothing that couldn’t be fixed.
All fixed now, made a diy front lip from an old bumper that was lying around;
Also got proper front tyres, they make some difference an I treated it to a 4 wheel laser alignment. So snappy on the front now.
I’ve also removed the ABS unit, re plumbed the brakes inside the car and cut the underside of the bonnet out.
Few photo’s from the IDC logging day. Looking forward to seeing the professional photo’s for the website.
All went well anyway, car is logged.
The new IDC visors are a lot nicer than last year;
After the logging day, and with the help of the local lads at the garage we poly bushed the rear of the car, installed new wishbone bushes, fixed the problem with the hydro and got my seat mounted correctly along with a few other little bits.
Car has developed a problem where it’s rev’s are limiting at 5500 which is a bitch but hopefully we’ll get it sorted tonight.
4 Wheel alignment will be done on Thursday and then we’ll be heading to Mondello for Friday practice and Saturday’s competition and my first serious competition, buzzing already!