Wheel tracking carried out the old fashioned way to get my wheels looking straight.
Ok Interior time. I decided I wanted black bolsters where required and grey Alcantara seat centres with matching door cards, The Recaros were fitted using seat brackets that I fabricated myself see pics.
So A few other small things cleaned up here and there and some gremlins ironed out and I finally got the car back on the road and went to the dredded first MOT after 5 years. Had a FAIL but this was only for the
headlights which were assembled wrong and were pointing into the middle of the road and not the curbside. Anyhow a day later I had my first MOT.
Next up was to start to modify things that i was not happy with and make some adjustments and purchase some extra items for the car.
List as follows;
Repair original Evo II ECU
Fit new exhaust middle section and rear box
Modify exhaust to take Lambda sensor for Techedge WB02 system
Fit carbon fibre Air intake and Airbox + Alpha N setup
Modify spare rear lights to all red look
Fit Sport evolution bonnet seals
Fit new illuminated gearknob
Fit Evo Dead/rest pedal
Re fit strut brace polished up
When I Purchased the car the original owner had problems with the cars running and discovered that the Evo II ECU had a problem so he sourced a 091 215 ECU and managed to get the car running.
I had this broken ECU passed on to me with the sale so i decided to take it apart and have a look to see what the problem was.
After a quick inspection i could see that one of the 2 transisters was damaged and would need to be replaced.
Out with old and in with 2 new transisters, Fired the car up and started like a dream so great results just for a few pounds.
A supersprint middle section was purchased and a new stainless back box also, One thing I needed to do was fit a Lambda sensor to the exhaust so a hole was cut in the X over section.
And a new Bung welded in place;
Next up was to fit the carbon intake and airbox along with the Alpha N setup, I did a long writeup on this so here is the guide.
To start off the front bumper was removed for easy access to install the snorkel and carry out modifications. I removed the radiator fan for later as this needs to be moved over. I then trial fitted the panel air filter housing into position and marked up the 2 holes required for fixing, (Top hole out of camera shot).
When I was happy with the position I then applied some adhesive foam to the various surfaces to make a good air dust seal.
Now that I have the 2 holes drilled I can now trial fit the snorkel part and line up best as possible.
There are 2 tabs on the radiator which i had to trim down to allow fitting, Also i fitted 2 edge strips to protect the snorkel from rubbing.
When i was happy with position i drilled the holes in the snorkel and matched them up with the pre made holes on the air filter housing and fitted the 5 bolts and then tightened them all up evenly ensuring a good squeeze airtight fit around the radiator surround panel.
Now i had something like this. * Note radiator moved back for easy access to 3 filter/snorkel bolts*
The air filter which in my case is a K&N was fitted but was a very tight fit to my cross panel so i cut out a small notch for a nice fit.
Next up was to move the rubber mount for the fan over slightly and drill a new hole and fit.
I then fabricated 2 new brackets up and installed.
After a bit of a fiddle here and there it all ended up like this
And a quick snap of the Airbox in place.
The next step was to start to install the wiring loom for the Alpha N and complete the hose connections that connect to the bottom of the airbox.
The bottom numbered 1 hose was not cut in my case because i had a 25-20mm reducer fitting to hand so i just pushed the hoses together and jubilees tightened up.
Hose 2 was cut as picture and then joined with the angled hose from John’s kit.
Once installed it should look like this.
The next thing on the list was to run the wiring for the TPS and Airflow sensor, The green indicated the route taken and red is where i installed the cable ties. (John’s loom has small rubber sleeves to indicate where to place the cable ties above the alternator so the cable does not get damaged)