Passenger and drivers doors fitted and glass and motors back in.
Rear Bench Trial fitted in but the material is not in the best condition being 25 years old, So I decided to get hold of another bench and door cards and along with the Recaro’s I bought earlier sent them off to be re upholstered.
More on this later.
Ok next up was to place the engine on a stand and clean it up and replace all of the bolts that were rusted/broken/rounded etc.Also any brackets or parts that needed a refurb were done.
Here is the engine looking a bit sorry.
Exhaust studs sprayed with WD40 before the dreaded manifold removal, Only 1 snapped stud and replaced with stainless studs and brass nuts.
A few weeks of cleaning and messing about got me to this.
New studs and nuts.
Here is a shot of the alternator stripped down. I replaced both bearings inside. Also the rectifier and slip ring were replaced and then assembled and painted.
Both manifolds fitted and parts/pipes as required and hey presto we fitted the engine into the car, Also a new radiator fitted and new thermostat.
A common Fault of rotting rubber cut away and new rubber fitted and glued in as required. Also some smaller wiring that goes around the front of the engine to the temperature sensors repaired as it was brittle.
Next up was a day or so of cleaning for this exhaust centre section.
And a cleaned and re painted rear exhaust section.
A spare set of smiley headlights purchased and a few days work and some black paint and I converted the lights to smoked with crosshairs as required. Also the back of the lights was cleaned up and painted black.
Also the fan was all cleaned up and all the covers and new bolts fitted where needed.
Front bumper and rear spoiler fitted.