Ok next up was the wiring loom, No pictures really I just sorted out the birds nest and help from a heatgun to straighten out some bends that had appeared over the last few years of storage, I pulled it all back into the car and run most of the wiring to where I thought it was going.
One repair I had to do was the drivers door connector which was totally green rotten, So cut off the old and insert and solder in a replacement.
Whilst I was there I did the black/red wire modification, This is just cut and join the black and red wires before they go into the door connector just behind the drivers speaker.
Then gradually re-wrapped the loom in various parts with new black material wiring loom tape.
Wiring mess where does it all go?
Next on the list to do was the heater unit and wiper mechanism, I did a pressure test on the heater matrix and it sure was leaking so one new matrix ordered from GSF.
The heater fan was seized so luckily I had a spare heater which I salvaged from a 320i, That was serviced with some cleaner and all put back together and then installed. Also the wiper mech had a refurb too, I cleaned up the motor and greased all the little ball joints and a lick of paint.
Ok I then turned my attention to the head liner, My old liner was rotten and the backing was just all flaked, I ordered some material from the interweb and here is the trial and error effort.
Material roughly cut out and then a few lessons on a sewing machine then sewed the hoops into the material for the guide holder bars.
Lots of swearing later and no pictures of install because I had glue everywhere here are some pictures.
The cardboard has been slipped in to the roof tray to protect the sunroof material whilst work is in progress.
6 Torx bolts in and hand tightened.
Brake pipes for ABS unit.
Here is some of the mess that was fitted before.
And here is my favourite tool.
ABS Unit painted as it was looking a bit dated, And a drivers side kunifer brake pipe made and fitted.
And then a passenger side brake pipe made and fitted.
The 2 fabricated brake pipes have painted them black to match all the other brake pipes that go to the ABS unit.
Brake booster was cleaned then painted and re fitted.